CAREERS INFORMATION, ADVICE & GUIDANCE (IAG)
(in conjunction with Shropshire Youth)
This is seen as a continuous process from Years 7 – 11.
At both KS3 and KS4 pupils should achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding themselves, and the influences on them – ‘self-development’
- Investigate opportunities in learning and work – ‘careers exploration’
To achieve the outcomes IAG is taught throughout KS3 and KS4 using a wide range of avenues:
- ‘KUDOS’ – an online national careers site, exploring careers information, routes and links. This is also accessible to parents and pupils at home.
- Dedicated careers area in the school library.
- Personal Adviser in school once a week for individual consultations with students and available at Parents’ Evenings.
- IAG is delivered mainly through dedicated lessons within the PSHEE programmes of study.
- At KS4 – Post 16 opportunity presentation, personal statements / CV and application support, and visits to Further Education Colleges taster days and workshops, as well as additional assembly presentation and lunch time drop in sessions.