Mobile Phone Rules
- The use of mobiles phones, iPods and smart watches during school is not allowed.
- Phones should be handed in to reception or placed in bags turned off.
- Use of phone in lesson – confiscation of phone and after-school detention. Phone will be returned at the end of the day.
- Use of phone at break or lunchtime – confiscation of phone and break/lunchtime detention. Phone will be returned at the end of the day.
- If a pupil’s phone rings during a lesson, the phone will be confiscated. This will be the only sanction if the pupil admits to it being their phone. If the pupil lies about the phone, resulting in greater disruption to the lesson, the teacher may issue a detention.
- Refusing to hand over the phone when requested will result in greater sanctions and will be treated as defiance.
- Repeat phone offences will generate greater sanctions.