The school endeavours to work very closely with Parents to ensure that pupils undertake Homework.
Homework is considered to make an important contribution to pupils’ progress and success. Not only does it provide extra time for covering the work laid down, but it helps pupils to take initiative, become independent in their learning and to develop a work routine.
The school uses the ‘Satchel:One’ to manage the homework process and measure the efficiency of work set. ‘Satchel:One’ makes it easy for our school to effectively track and monitor the impact of homework. For our teachers, it provides an easy way to set and communicate homework details. For parents, it will provide visibility and transparency regarding the homework details and deadlines your child has received from the school.
Pupils and parents/carers will receive login details to their child’s personal account. By logging in, parents are presented with a personalised homework calendar for their child.
Parents can help by:
- Logging in to your Satchel:one parent account and regularly checking tasks set.
- Providing a quiet place for homework to be completed
- Establishing a routine for your child for homework to be completed at a regular time (preferably early in the evening)
- Making sure your child spends the right amount of time on each piece of homework
- Providing help and support when homework is difficult
- Encouraging your child to use the school-based support from subject teachers and form tutors
- Reminding your child that they can use the school’s IT facilities and the library to help complete the work.
- Telling us if you feel not enough homework is being set.