The school is experienced at providing additional support for pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Pupils identified as in need of extra help are placed at SEND Support or have a Graduated Support Plan or an Education Health and Care Plan which is issued by the Local Authority.
Additional help can occur in many ways depending on the pupil’s needs – for example:
- Smaller teaching groups for English and/or Mathematics lessons.
- Early morning reading/spelling sessions.
- Handwriting sessions.
- Support in lessons from a Teaching Assistant.
- Access arrangements.
- Additional help with homework/classwork during lunchtime and in our after school homework club.
- A supervised area during lunchtime, which is a safe pace for pupils who want a quieter space.
The Learning Support Department has a designated room from which to operate.
Pupil’s progress is monitored closely and parents are kept informed about the additional help their child is receiving.
Pupils’ with Special Education Needs and Disabilities are fully integrated into the life of the school taking the fullest part possible in the social and extra curricular activities available to all pupils.
The admission arrangements for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities at ‘SEN Support’ are exactly the same as for any other pupil. Pupils with an Education Health Care Plan/Graduated Support Plan are placed (in school) by the Local Authority.
The Governing Body includes a member with specific responsibility for SEN.
If you would like to discuss anything about SEN/D please feel free to contact our SENCO, Mrs Stokes on 01939 260296 or email email@example.com
- SEND Information
- SEND Policy
- Equality Scheme (Pupils) including Access Plan
- Supporting Children with Medical Conditions Policy
The SEND Local Offer
Shropshire’s local offer helps families, children, young people and professionals to support those with special educational needs or disabilities to find accurate and appropriate information so that they can make positive decisions about their lives. Please visit their website for further information: http://new.shropshire.gov.uk/the-send-local-offer/