Dear Parent / Carer
As the end of term is fast approaching, we thought it timely to inform you of a few arrangements:
- Lost property: we have again accumulated large amounts of lost property; pupils will be informed that this is on display on the stage for them to reclaim any missing items. Anything unclaimed by the end of term will be re-cycled through Corbet Clothes or donated to charity.
- Christmas Lunch: This year we are going to designate Thursday 15th of December as “Christmas Lunch Day”. Tutors are going to talk with their tutees about this over the next couple of days and we would encourage this was a conversation had at home as well, so numbers can be gaged for the ordering of food. The only options that day will be a roast turkey dinner or vegetarian option (£2.60), which can be purchased using their ParentPay account as normal. There is also no change for pupils entitled to free school meals. Those who do not wish to have Christmas lunch should bring a packed lunch and please note there will be no break service on that day.
- Friday 16th December: the school day will finish at 1.30pm for the Christmas holidays. Those pupils who usually travel on school transport will be collected at 1.30pm. We would kindly ask other parents and pupils to make necessary arrangements to be collected at 1.30pm. There will be no transport provision at the normal finish time of 3.20pm. Please note that there will be no lunchtime canteen service on this day, although there will be the usual morning break service. Pupils entitled to free school meals will be able to use their provision at morning break.
- Christmas Jumper Day, Thursday 15th December: pupils can come to school in their Christmas Jumpers, worn with school uniform. We won’t be asking for cash donations, but it would be lovely if students donated an item for the food bank collection.
- PD Day, Tuesday 3rd January 2023, staff only in school
- Pupils return to school on Wednesday 4th January 2023.
Dr Jane Tinker