School Transport code of behaviour
Before the journey pupils must:
- Make sure they have their bus pass.
- Be at the correct pick up point in good time.
- Wait in an orderly manner. Be aware of other pedestrians and members of the public in the ‘pick up’ area (noise, litter, crowding the footpath).
- Be aware of traffic (keep on the footpath).
- Board the bus in an orderly fashion DO NOT PUSH.
- Go to the seats immediately and sit down correctly (fasten seat belts).
During the journey pupils must:
- Stay properly seated at all times: do not stand up whilst the vehicle is moving (keep seat belts fastened until time to get off).
- Do not distract the driver in any way.
- Never smoke.
- Never throw items around the bus.
- Never attempt to misuse doors, windows or emergency exits.
- Do not damage the vehicle in any way.
- Report any concerns to the driver or school.
At the end of the journey pupils must:
- Remain seated until the vehicle stops.
- Get off the bus in an orderly manner.
- Make sure all items of bags / clothing etc. are carried off the bus safely.
- Be aware of traffic as you get off the bus.
- NEVER cross in front of or behind the school bus or a car.
- Make their way home in a sensible manner being aware that they are still in school uniform and of other members of the public.
Misbehaviour on the bus could lead to permanent exclusion from traveling.