Limited cycle rack spaces are available near the Sports Hall entrance. Parents are asked to ensure that bicycles are in a safe working order and when at school are left securely locked.
If pupils use transport other than school buses, they should not arrive at school before 8.30am, unless using the library ‘safe haven’ facility.
Most pupils come to school on buses, arrangements for which are made by the Local Authority. Any issues or concerns regarding transport arrangements should be directed to Claire Stephens, Entitlement Officer, North Shropshire, on 01743 252485.
The Corbet school offers a safe environment for those pupils who are unbale to get to school or return home via normal means, or during normal hours. For pupils, the library is open from 8.00am, it is also available afterschool every evening until 4.30pm. If your child requires these services, please inform the school.
School Transport code of behaviour
Before the journey pupils must:
- Make sure they have their bus pass.
- Be at the correct pick up point in good time.
- Wait in an orderly manner. Be aware of other pedestrians and members of the public in the ‘pick up’ area (noise, litter, crowding the footpath).
- Be aware of traffic (keep on the footpath).
- Board the bus in an orderly fashion DO NOT PUSH.
- Go to the seats immediately and sit down correctly (fasten seat belts).
During the journey pupils must:
- Stay properly seated at all times: do not stand up whilst the vehicle is moving (keep seat belts fastened until time to get off).
- Do not distract the driver in any way.
- Never smoke.
- Never throw items around the bus.
- Never attempt to misuse doors, windows or emergency exits.
- Do not damage the vehicle in any way.
- Report any concerns to the driver or school.
At the end of the journey pupils must:
- Remain seated until the vehicle stops.
- Get off the bus in an orderly manner.
- Make sure all items of bags / clothing etc. are carried off the bus safely.
- Be aware of traffic as you get off the bus.
- NEVER cross in front of or behind the school bus or a car.
- Make their way home in a sensible manner being aware that they are still in school uniform and of other members of the public.
Misbehaviour on the bus could lead to permanent exclusion from traveling.