Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Dear Parents / Guardians
In this letter, you can find information about how we are managing the current situation and the support available to students and staff. We will keep this updated and will let students and staff know by email and on social media when we have made updates. The health, welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff is our number one priority. Due to the current unprecedented situation with coronavirus, we have had to put the following measures in place today:
- Extended tutor period, whilst the school’s senior leadership team assess staffing levels and pupil absence.
- Students have been grouped according to available staffing levels and given alternative activities linked to the curriculum wherever possible.
- Several school events have been cancelled; these have been communicated separately.
- After school clubs have been cancelled for the foreseeable future, including library provision at the end of the day.
- Our school remains open and we are continuing to operate as well as we can with the staff available.
- I would ask that parents and students follow the self-isolation directives.
- We ask parents of student’s with critical medical conditions or those in the vulnerable category to ensure that they have sought medical advice on their child’s attendance in school. If the advice is that the student should be self-isolating, please be assured that this will not have a negative impact on their attendance record, and we will support this advice/decision.
Steps the school may look to take if the staffing situation is unsustainable:
- Partial school closure to be communicated on the website, email and text.
The school, on guidance from Public Health England, will remain open and operational until instructed otherwise.
Safe staffing levels will be monitored, and school provision adapted within the guidelines provided by the DfE. We still await further clarification regarding overseas trips and public examinations and are actively seeking answers to these concerns.
Please continue to refer to the DfE daily e-mail for further updates.
We are grateful to our parents/carers, staff and students for all their cooperation, help and support at this challenging time.
Dr Jane Tinker