We make every effort to keep the school open but our primary concern has to be the safety of our staff and pupils. As a rural school with a large catchment area we con-sider many factors including site safety, transport and staffing. We publish the following arrangements to follow in the event of a school closure. We ask you to please keep this section in a safe place for future reference.
The school will make the following announcements via the school website; the alerts will display one of the following messages:
- School Open
- We are consulting on any possible school closure and will advise you as soon as possible
- School closed
- You are advised to tune into any local radio station; they will announce any school closures
- If the school is closing, we shall send a text message and an email to alert parents via the schools messaging system.
- Please do not attempt to contact the school to make individual arrangements with your child. We will need to access the phone lines to contact transport providers, staff and other essential service providers.
- Please note – All pupils who travel on school transport will be expected to re-turn home on school transport.
- If necessary, transport will be dispatched early and you will notified by text mes-sage and email.
- Parents can refer to school closures on Shropshire Council website Shrop-shire.gov.uk/school-closures/secondary-schools
- If there is more widespread severe weather, Shropshire Council Authority will activate a Helpline for parents. (When operating, the helpline number will be given out by the Radio Stations)
Pupils travelling by school bus should wait at their usual collection point for 30 minutes after the usual pick-up time. If the bus does not arrive, please return home. This is normal practice during pick-up time if the bus is delayed.
All parents/carers are asked to make appropriate arrangements for their child in case of an unscheduled school closure during the working day. Please make sure your child is aware of these arrangement’s and have completed Page 1 of their pupil handbook.
Please can parents ensure the school has up to date contact details, preferably a mobile number (for texts) and an email address, which can be updated by the Parent Lite App.